How Long Can a Combi Boiler Flue be? 🤷♂️ 🤷♀️
Every central heating system needs a flue to get the steam, smoke or heat out of the house.
A flue system is very crucial to run a boiler safely.
For health and safety and to meet regulations the whole flue should be furnished well with the home set up.
If you are going to buy a boiler then you need to know about the flue system.
There is a definitive guideline that can help you choose a boiler flue, what it will cost and what kind of flue should you choose.
What is a flue: 🧐
A flue pipe is a system of passing heat and toxic gases from the inside of a home to the outside. This is done by exiting through the roof or external wall.
A tube or pipe connected to the boiler system at the beginning and ended at the outside of a house, passes exhausted gases through itself, named commonly as a flue.
Classification of flues: ‖ ➖
Two types of flues are common now:
Horizontal flue & Vertical flue
1. Horizontal flue position: A boiler flue, most common in the UK, comes outside of a house drilling into a wall is called horizontal flue. This flue comes out of a house from the boiler to the outer wall straightly.
2. Vertical flue position: A boiler flue, comes outside through the roof or loft which is called a vertical flue. To install this flue, extra money will be needed as it demands extra work to be done.
What is Combi boiler flue 💨
Like other boilers, Combi/Condensing boilers also need a flue exit to pass its steam, carbon-dioxide and carbon monoxide.
The flue is connected to the main system of boiler and goes outside of the house through the roof or the wall.
Do you need a boiler flue ✅
If you have a boiler you need a boiler flue. Whether your boiler is condensing, combi or system.
The question is not valid here, the fact is “you need a boiler flue”.
Depending on your boiler type, size or working system, the flue will be defined.
Boiler flue regulations ⚠
All kinds of boilers produce steam, carbon-dioxide and carbon monoxide.
These substances are highly harmful and toxic.
If the users don’t use the flue system properly, fatal health injuries can be caused.
The government felt the need to form a regulation for public health and safety.
This regulation fixes the way of using flue 60cm distance is needed between your boiler flue starting and ending and 2.1 distance from the ground, according to the new regulation.
What to consider before choosing flue shape 🧐
Round and square shaped flues are common now. They are different in size and cost also.
- Round flue: The flue which is round in size is called round flue. Round flue is a modern type of flue which work with 22mm pipe, according to the new regulation.
- Square flue: Old types of flue, Square shaped flues are called square flue. Installation cost is a little higher than round shaped ones.
- Home area: Fix the output of flue according to your total home are.
- Distance from bedroom and window: Your boiler and flue should be placed by a boiler engineer at a distance from the bedroom and window.
How long can a Combi boiler be 🏡
Your home infrastructure will play a vital role to fix your Combi boiler flue length.
You should go through a plan: 👨🔧
Talk to your gas safe registered boiler installer.
Which specific place is suitable for your boiler installation.
Which place will be set as your target; your boiler flue will be in length from there?
Choose your flue shape and flue type wisely, because it will be a long-term investment to your family.
Why do you need to know about a flue 🤷♀️
When you have decided to install a boiler it will be a long-term investment in your family. It will demand you a remarkable saving on energy bills. A flue is the safety of your boiler.
Flue is one of the most needed organs of a boiler, for this you need to understand the whole installing, servicing and cost of installing flue.
Cost of Combi boiler flue 💷
According to your flue installing elements:
flue length, flue shape, outside of the flue (vertical or horizontal), Combi boiler flue will cost on average from £100 – £200 or little higher at sometimes.
For more information on a boiler flue please fill in our contact form and somebody will contact you as soon as possible to help with your query. 💻📱✍