Viessmann warranty guide for their current boiler range
Warranties exist to protect customers from faulty products. A Viessmann boiler warranty has some of the best terms and conditions today. You can have a 10-year warranty if you choose upgraded options with Viessmann.
You can however get an extra 2 years warranty on the Viessmann Vitodens 050-w for free with Boiler Central exclusively making that 12 years instead of 10!
Before purchasing a boiler, you need to check the warranty details first. Make sure that it provides you with the highest level of protection. Here are the details you need to know about Viessman boilers.
Get an online fixed price in 20 seconds:
Viessmann boiler warranty duration
Each Viessmann boiler has its corresponding warranty duration. The duration also depends on the boiler installation and registration date of the new boiler. Always make sure that you get a Viessmann boiler service every year too to keep the boiler warranty valid.
Viessmann makes some of the best boilers available and the Viessmann Vitodens 050-w is high up on our best combi boiler list for 2022. Here is a table of some Viessmann gas boiler warranties by boiler model.
|Viessmann Gas Boiler||Non-Accredited Installer||Accredited Installer||Upgrade Options for Accredited Installers|
|Vitodens 050 W||3 years||7 years||10 years|
|Vitodens 100 W||5 years||5 years||12 years|
|Vitodens 111-W||5 years||5 years||12 years|
|Vitodens 200-W & 222-F||3 years||5 years||12 years|
|Vitodens 200-W (49 to 150kW)||2 years||5 years||10 years|
A standard Viessmann Vitodens boiler service warranty is only good for two years from the delivery date. To qualify for the extended warranty period of more than two years, you or the installer must register within 30 days of the installation process. This boiler registration can be done online or offline, depending on what works best for you.
See our best boiler warranty page for other boilers to compare the Viessmann range to others such as Worcester Bosch & Ideal
Viessmann standard boiler warranty terms and conditions
The terms and conditions of the Viessmann boiler warranty encompass everything you need to know about the brand’s repair, replacement and services of the boiler manufacturer.
- The standard warranty lasts only two years unless you choose the extended warranty upon registration with the boiler manufacturer.
- The warranty of the system boiler is subject to the discretion of the boiler manufacturer. Proper guidelines for instaling, commissioning, and maintaining the products should be met.
- The Viessmann boiler warranty is only valid if the service logbook or the Benchmark commissioning sheet is properly completed and verifiable.
- Regular yearly service by a Viessmann accredited installer or other gas safe registered companies must be done and recorded.
- The warranty will relapse if and when the system boilers are removed without consent from the company.
- The Viessmann boiler warranty will default if the problem is caused by incorrect installation.
- Annual servicing costs are not included in the warranty agreement.
- The warranty does not cover the costs for repair and maintenance by unauthorised third parties.
- The Viessmann boiler warranty does not include problems caused by improper installation and inappropriate or incompatible heating system design.
- The Viessmann Group is not responsible for any health and safety risks associated with the installation process. It is the responsibility of the client/installer to provide safe and easy access to the boiler area.
- This warranty does not cover issues arising from wear and tear.
- A refund may be given for special circumstances when clients pay out of pocket for the service if the final diagnosis is a problem covered by the standard or extended warranty.
The warranty may include boiler repair and labour costs, so the client doesn’t need to pay for any boiler service once the above conditions are met. If the unit cannot be repaired or the repair cost is more expensive than a replacement, it will be replaced with a new boiler.
Viessmann warranty exclusions
Just like all warranties, Viessmann also has some exclusions. This means that the warranty agreement won’t cover some damage and faults. Exclusions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accidental damage
- Fire and explosion damages
- Theft, attempted theft, and malicious damage
- Damage brought about by natural calamities
- Unauthorised modifications
- Replacement costs from wear and tear
- Costs of maintenance replacement parts such as fuses, filters and batteries
- Adjustments and switches on the boiler
- Damage to the aesthetics such as dents, scratches or paintwork
- Damage from unsafe access to the boiler area
How to contact Viessmann for repair
Mechanical and electrical breakdowns may result in a bigger problem. It is best to contact Viessmann directly through these numbers: +353 1809 1571 (Eire and N.I.) and 01952 675060 (Great Britain).
How to register or find an already-registered warranty
Viessmann makes it easier to access the warranty details of all their boilers. The registration can be done by the homeowner or the installer. If you buy from Boiler Central however we will register your Viessmann boiler for you. Remember that you can get an extra 2 years free warranty on the Viessmann Vitodens 050-w combi boiler too exclusively at Boiler Central
As a homeowner, you can register your boiler by visiting the Viessmann website and choosing your product. On the same page, you will be asked to register a new installation or find an existing installation. Choose one.
In registering a new installation, you must provide the serial number, installation postcode, and the date the installation was completed. You must also check the box stating you understand the terms and conditions of the warranty.
The serial number and postcode must be filled up and confirmed to find an existing installation.
Viessman trained installers
Professional installers accredited by the company can easily register the boiler’s warranty while registering the installation with Gas Safe simultaneously. The Viessmann Installer Portal is specifically created for them to access and register.
Non-viessmann trained installers
The registration process for non-accredited installers is different. It also affects the length and coverage of the warranty itself. But, even non-Viessmann trained installers can register the installation and warranty on behalf of the client.
They must visit the Viessmann website and look for the form they must fill out. The registration will be processed. After which, the homeowner will receive a letter of confirmation about the warranty.
Are Viessmann boilers with long warranty worth it?
Viessmann has a remarkable reputation among boiler brands. The brand produces boilers meant for both residential and commercial purposes. Aside from condensing gas boilers, they also carry oil condensing boilers.
Thus, customers can choose which boiler best works for them with a multitude of options. Choosing the right boiler depends on your needs and where you can safely install it. Always ensure you understand the warranty conditions that come with it.